Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Zebra: Mini chocolate cake with ganache

 I started missing chocolate. Actually I eat chocolate almost everyday (well, 70% chocolate is my snack ^^), but turn it into bake good is what I love to do too.



 You can play with it: entremet, cookies, cake, dessert and etc., make it bitter, sweet or use it as a background taste, there are endless ways to use the chocolate. But the most important thing is, it's so delicious!
Maybe I still thanking about a box of chocolate that I forgot to take it with me (I bought Godiva chocolate and leaved it on the plane at Dubai -*-). So, the best that I can do is eating what I have on hand, haha. 
This time I make mini chocolate cake with a small pool of ganache. Because it's tiny you can almost finish it in one bite (well, I have to use "almost" because not all of the people can, but for me, yes I can ^^). If you love to add more punch using liquor in the ganache is the way (but I didn't use it this time, as my niece might find it too overwhelming). With this recipe, you have to turn the butter into Beurre noisette before using. It's not hard to make but just don't turn away from it. Melt the butter and let it turn into amber color, you will see the milk segment turn into brown bit and that's the time to remove it from the heat.
I use silicone moulds so I don't have to butter it, but for metal pan don't forget to butter and flour it before using.



 Zebra: Mini chocolate cake with ganache
Makes 15 (4.5x4.5 cm)



Cake
110g ............................ Salted butter
95g .............................. Egg whites
13g .............................. Honey
70g .............................. Granulated sugar
25g .............................. Cake flour
115g ............................ Almond powder 
50g .............................. Dark chocolate (I use 70%), chopped
Ganache
25g .............................. Whipping cream, hot
20g .............................. Dark chocolate
5g ................................ Vegetable oil (I use rice bran oil)






 Put the butter into a small saucepan, and place over low heat.
Heat until the butter turned into Beurre noisette (melted butter with nutty fragrance).


 Remove from the heat and let the Beurre noisette cool to room temperature before using.


Preheat an oven to 180C
Have ready 15 mini square savarin moulds (I use silicone mould 4.5x4.5 cm per cake).
Mix together,  egg whites, honey and sugar.


 Sift the flour and almond powder into the bowl, and beat to combine.


 Pour the Beurre noisette into the bowl, and beat to combine.


 Pour the chopped dark chocolate into the bowl.


 Fold to combine.


 Pipe into the moulds.


 Bake for 20 minutes.


 Let the cakes cool before using.


 Make the ganache by mix all the ingredients together.


Pour the ganache into the cakes, and decorate with gold leaves.



Zebra: Mini chocolate cake with ganache

2 comments:

  1. Hi, what can I use to substitute the silicone mould?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo nice Love the way they look, great for an afternoon tea :D

    www.therasiathecook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...